Custom-Car-Elite - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* Custom-Car-Elite > Topics

Subject: Su carbs
Replies: 14 Views: 4816

schizzo 3.02.08 - 09:33pm
Just a quick Q, what would happen if u put 2 much oil in the dash pot? *

dbnracer 4.02.08 - 05:56am
You see, oil expands with in the engine when it is heated. Therefore creating pressure. Now the oil basically goes all over your engine. Now think bout it, too much oil, way too much pressure. The pressure can damage your parts due to that everything wil be more compact. I advise to put the right amount of oil it. *

schizzo 4.02.08 - 12:55pm
The oil doesnt go anywhere near the engine. Its oil in the carb *

dbnracer 4.02.08 - 01:02pm
Mmmmmm... Let me have a look into it and ill find out for you. Any other information that i may need to know? *

brutald 4.02.08 - 04:37pm
Its a single carb,works on vacuum, the more feul needed,the more air is needed, vacuum lifts the piston,allowing more air into the motor,the jet sits in the bottom of the carb, the needle is attached to the piston, when the piston lifts up to let in more air it lifts the needle,letting in more feul. It has a dashpot on top where u add oil wich acts like a kind of buffer againts the piston. A su carb has no restrictions, it can rev as high as ur motor can handle and could still keep going where as ur normal carbs can only flow a certain amount of feul/air *

dbnracer 4.02.08 - 09:00pm
So you mean that the su carbs dont cut out on a certain rev? As in makin that repetative sound, like its limited? *

schizzo 5.02.08 - 04:59am
No it doesnt , they can take ur motor to the red line and they would still be able to go even higher. . . .BUT they are a girl to setup,specially if u running dual carbs *

dbnracer 5.02.08 - 05:44am
Why im askin is because my car doesnt cut out at a certain rev, it can just keep going unlike other cars. *

schizzo 5.02.08 - 07:33am
1300 tazz? Ull pick up valve bounce before the carb reaches its limits. My friend had a nissan 1400 with dual su setup ,it used to valve bounce just under 9000rpm and the carbs could still go *

dbnracer 5.02.08 - 09:13am
How do you know when it is valve bouncin *

brutald 5.02.08 - 09:31am
Almost sounds like a car with a limiter just softer, when u rev it up to high the cam starts turning faster than ur tappets can open and close,the tappet still busy closing and the cam lobe comes round again opening it up again. Not very good for ur engine,can damage tappets,push rods and cam *

dbnracer 5.02.08 - 09:59am
So how many production cars before 2000 have limiters? Cause i know taz dont. *

brutald 5.02.08 - 01:51pm
Mostly feul injected cars that could be limited *

slymast 6.02.08 - 07:32pm
su carbs? Sound gud.is this the only name its known as? *

schizzo 7.02.08 - 09:13am
Also known as Venturi Carbs, get them in diff sizes, ill upload a pic of a Hiff44 su . Gives u the same performance as a weber 45 DCOE carb but with better feul economy *

* Custom-Car-Elite Forum

Search:
topics replies

* Custom-Car-Elite

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search